Friendship Friday–Will last all week!
Color me excited. One of my favorite people, author Shay Lacy is visiting with me all week in honor of friendship and the release of her thrilling romantic suspense novel, Hero Needed. I know you’ll love Shay as much as I do, so I’ve asked her to tell us a little bit about herself and her books. Then she gives us some hilarious answers to a few ‘weird’ questions. Please leave a comment and give her plenty of feedback. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful week with us. Now, here’s Shay.
I live inwith my photographer/graphic designer husband. I love following the man of my dreams with a camera in hand and a pen and notebook in my backpack. Sensible secretary by day, romance author by night, when not lost in my imagination, or reading a good book, I’m likely researching my next book with a ride-along or a visit to a lab. I’m a multi-published author in erotic fantasy romance, futuristic romance and romantic suspense. Nearly anything can trip my imagination. Writing is something I’ve done on and off since I was a teenager, and it’s the only thing I’ve stuck to, other than my husband. One of the things I ask strangers, somewhere in the conversation, is “Do you want to write a book?”
Some heroes are born and some are forged by events. Marisa’s best friend Carolyn was killed by a train, but then Carolyn’s husband claims she committed suicide. Proving he’s wrong will be a heroic feat.Nick Stark seems a natural for the job. Yet the truths Marisa and Nick uncover spark unexpected danger. Does the secret of Marisa’s parentage tie in with Carolyn’s death? And is Marisa prepared to face the truth in order to identify whoever now wants her dead? You can find pre-order links for Hero Needed at the end of this post.
Rue insisted I answer some rather odd interview questions. Because we’re friends, I’ve given those answers here.
1. How much do you use ketchup? (1 – not at all, 5 – on all foods). 3.5. I draw the line at eggs. Ketchup on eggs is icky. And not all potato products go well with ketchup.
2. What time do you normally go to bed on a working day? 10:45 pm
3. Explain relativity. Um, I wasn’t aware there would be a test. Lemme think. I know this one. Gimme a minute…
4. How often do you brush your teeth? Twice a day.
5. Do you like carrots? Love them! Cooked, though. I like all my veggies cooked. Well done. Limp.
6. If you were a tree, what tree would you be? White Birch or Sycamore. They look cool. The birches stand out.
7. When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought? My hair looks great! Do I really have to wash it? I wonder what the back looks like. Probably bed head back there.
8. What’s a word that rhymes with TEST? Messed. I’m a poet. I know all about making words rhyme.
9. What is your guilty pleasure Disney movie? Can I have more than one? Mulan, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast. I had a reason to watch them when my daughter was growing up. Now I have to sneak to watch them.
10. For the girls: have you ever worn a jockstrap. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
11. Your house is on fire! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the one thing you’re going to save from that blazing inferno? I’m going to stay and fight the fire! I write by hand on paper. I have a file cabinet full of unfinished hand-written stories that aren’t typed. People have told me to scan them. It would take months to scan all of them.
12. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don’t drink booze there’s something you can figure out… so what’s it gonna be? Ice wine from northern Michigan. I can’t recall the winery, butGimme the expensive stuff.
13. What is your current desktop picture? Sunrise over the, . I took it myself last . I’m an amateur photographer.
14. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist off the earth? Any rap band that glorifies violence against women and other people.
15. What is one unique thing are you afraid of? Pool filters.
Thanks for visiting. We’re looking forward to your comments.