Hi Patti, Nancy. Thank you very much for dropping. Please tell us about your current project then answer a few of the ‘weird’ questions given to authors for their first visit at Heart Melting Romance. By the way, ladies, your answers may be but do not need to be ‘true,’ and changing names to protect both the innocent (and yourselves) is perfectly okay. Friends, please leave the gals a comment and let them know what you think of their ‘weird’ answers.:) They are also holding a drawing–details below the answers–so leaving a comment is a must. Now here are Patti and Nancy.
“Our current release is Gambling on Love, a historical romance set in the 1860’s. The book came out Monday, May 20th in the Scandalous line from Entangled Publishing. Forced into an unwanted marriage, Felicity Beaumont and Jake McCade find themselves at odds over everything, including their escalating feelings for one another. Next up, coming November 2013, we have The Lawman’s Agreement (working title) which continues on another of those hunky McCade men. This time lawman Zachary McCade, has met his match in Doctor Suzanne Martindale.”
1. What cd is in your cd-player right now? Patti – Right now I have the cd from the movie Burlesque playing. Every time the movie comes on tv, I’ll watch it. Nancy: As crazy as it might sound, the soundtrack from the 1990’s t.v. series, Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman.
2. Are you a “dogperson” or a “catperson”? Patti – I am definitely a dog person (though we do have a cat in the house, he’s the hubsters). To me, my little cockapoo-westie is like another child. We raised the 28 and soon to be 30 yr old, kicked them out of the nest and replaced them with the four-legged versions who don’t cost anywhere near what the kids did, don’t talk back and only occasionally barf on the rug (G).
Nancy: I love my grand-dog Neala, but don’t have a pet myself. I’m allergic to cats, so they’re never around.
3. What time do you normally go to bed on a working day? Patti – I’m an early to bed person. If I’m up past 9 p.m., then something must be going on to keep me awake. But when I’m writing and in the zone, I can stay up till at least 2 a.m. without any trouble. Though I’m a beast to live with the next day. Nancy – midnight most nights unless, as Patti said, I’m in the writing zone. Then, if I’m on a roll, I can work all night.
4. Who told you they loved you last? Patti – My hubster this morning as he left for work. Nancy – My 10 yr old granddaughter Mackenzie. It melts my heart every time she says it because I know she truly means it.
5. Last furry thing you touched? Patti – depends, are we talking about in the fridge or outside of it? Seriously though, my little muttsky Sophie. Nancy – I think it was once a kiwi, but coming out of my refrigerator, I’m not quite sure what it turned into.
6. How many drugs have you done in the past three days? Patti – Easy – Motrin, Motrin, Motrin Nancy – Tylenol Muscle and Body – 1 at bedtime
7. If you had to choose between a millions bucks and being able to fly,which would you choose? Patti – I would take the million bucks, then I could fly to wherever I wanted (such as the private island I’d buy with the million bucks) Nancy – the million bucks. I’m too old to fly without a comfy first-class seat beneath my butt!
8. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don’t drink booze there’s something you can figure out… so what’s it gonna be? Patti – this is an easy one – Pepsi. It’s my biggest vice. Nancy – Bailey’s Carmel flavored Irish Crème (good in coffee, over ice cream, over ice) Patti – I remember Nancy drinking that in our hotel room years ago when we were at RWA in Anaheim.
9. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in time. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there? Patti – I would like to go into the future twenty years and see how my kids and grandkids are doing all grown up. Nancy – 1868 – I’d love to meet our characters from the McCade Legacy and maybe snag one of those sexy McCade men for myself!
10. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be? Patti – the super power of speed. That way I can get everything done I need to like housework, writing, yard work, painting and still have time to read. Nancy – Super Power of Creativity … so that I never run out of good ideas for a book.
Name the Hotel!
As part of a tour-wide giveaway the authors are offering one lucky winner the chance to not only name the hotel which will appear in the second McCade Legacy novel, but will also have their name used as a character in the book as well! http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/1cb55465/
Title: Gambling on Love
Author: Nancy Fraser & Patti Shenberger
Genre: Historical Romance
Length: 190 pages
Release Date: May 20 2013
Purchase from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gambling-Love-Entangled-Scandalous-ebook/dp/B00CK51J9E
Purchase from Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gambling-on-love-nancy-fraser/1115213928
Purchase from Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Gambling-on-Love/book-aftKHQRQpEuwineHwZWX8w/page1.html