Welcome Jean, I’m so happy you’re able to be here. Please tell us a little bit about yourself. I was born in England but live in New Zealand. I once wanted to be the next Agatha Christie but when I read my first romance it was love at first read. But I never say never. I still might try my hand at a mystery one day.
Please tell us about your most recent release. My most recent release from The Wild Rose Press is called A Man Like Saxon, a contemporary romance set in New Zealand. The hero is a Hollywood movie director who enjoys hot air ballooning, (the ballooning based on my own experiences). He wants to make his movie on the heroine’s land.
And now for Jean’s ‘weird questions.’
That depends in what you call my home. When I lived in England, New Zealand was furthest from my home. But now I live in New Zealand, England is the furthest. I’ve travelled both ways.
2. If you had to choose between a million bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose?
That depend in what you mean by bucks. If you mean male deer, I’d choose being able to fly. But if you mean dollars, I’d choose dollars.
3. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Monaco, but only if the ticket is first class. I’d like to arrive in the style to which I hope to become accustomed.
4. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don’t drink booze there’s something you can figure out… so what’s it gonna be?
Champagne – Dom Perignon
5. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
Ancient Egypt. I’d spend some time following pharaoh around just to see exactly what he does, see the splendour of his court. Watch the workmen building a pyramid, wander through the markets, really soak up the atmosphere then come back and turn it into a best-selling novel.
6. One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
I tell them, “If you weren’t so wrapped up in yourselves you might not have lost your Daddies.” J
Haha! I love your humor and your voice. So, here’s the blurb for Jean’s next terrific book A Man Like Saxon.
Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
Danielle Montgomery hides a terrible secret that binds her to a life of loneliness she believes she deserves. She has never wished for anything more from her humdrum life. Up, up and away. Come, fly with sexy Saxon.
When film director, Saxon Wainwright, drops in from a clear blue sky, wanting to make his movie on her property, he blows Danielle’s narrow world apart. Is Saxon the nemesis Danielle is expecting?
AmazonKindle: A Man Like Saxon